Become a WHEN I WALK Ambassador
Contact us to become an official ambassador for the film and help grow the accessibility movement in your community. We’ll add your name here and send you a care package of postcards and posters so you can hang them around your school, campus, and community to get word out in your area.
As an official ambassador, we’ll ask you to:
• Post photos of where you place the postcards and posters on our Facebook page.
• Follow us on Twitter @wheniwalk for exclusive updates
• Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/wheniwalk
• Send an email to your friends when the film is opening near you and encourage them to attend with you.
• Group showings at your local theater: WHEN I WALK playing at a theater near you and want to make it a party? If you can get a group of 25 people or more to see the film together at your local theater, we can help arrange discounted admission for your entire group. This process can take a few days to arrange, so it’s best that you contact your group early to see who is interested. If WHEN I WALK is not yet scheduled to play at a theater near you, contact your local theater and ask them to program the film.
Spread the Word
Recruit others and get your friends and family involved in the accessibility movement:
- Go Social
Use Facebook and Twitter, or your newsletter if you have one, to spread the word about WHEN I WALK, let us know how accessible your city is with AXSMap, or tell your story through your own blog or Tumblr page.
- Bring WHEN I WALK to your local theater
Is WHEN I WALK playing in a theater near you? If not, would you like it to? Bring WHEN I WALK to your local theater with Tugg! Tugg is an online platform that gives individuals and organizations a cost-free way to host movie screenings in their local theater. Tugg crowdsources theatrical screenings, which means that if enough people in your community want to see WHEN I WALK, Tugg can make it happen!
Not sure if Tugg is right for you, but still want to host a screening? Let us know! Hosting a screening of the film, no matter where or what size, is a great way to start the conversation about greater accessibility with your friends, colleagues, and peers. You could make it a special event and hold an AXS Mapping day after viewing the film—download the app on your phone and hit the streets to rate the accessibility of restaurants, theaters, and businesses in your community.
- Make it a party
Gather your friends or connect with local groups via sites like Meetup to inspire action. Try throwing a letter-writing party, getting together to write your local papers and politicians. Or, hold an AXS Mapping day in your community to help spread the word and reinforce a community of people who care about access and inclusion.
Still not sure how to get involved? Have an idea you don’t see here? We’d love to hear from you! Contact us at email@example.com
Tugg WHEN I WALK to your local theater
WHEN I WALK is partnering with Tugg to bring the film to theaters near you, but we need your help. If enough people in your town demand the film, Tugg will work with your local theater so you can see WHEN I WALK on the big screen. Here’s how it works:
What is Tugg?
Tugg is an online platform that gives individuals and organizations a cost-free way to host movie screenings in their local theater. Tugg crowdsources theatrical screenings, which means that if enough people in your community want to see WHEN I WALK, Tugg can make it happen!
How can I use Tugg to host a screening of WHEN I WALK at my local theater?
- Visit the WHEN I WALK page on Tugg
- Sign up to host a screening and become the event’s "promoter."
- Provide your preferred event details – time, date, and even theater of your choice (including all the major chains)
- A Tugg representative will then contact you to help set up the event details.
- Spread the word, and invite your friends and community to purchase advance tickets from the event page. Once enough tickets are pre-sold (usually around 65 tickets) by a designated date (usually five business days before the event) the screening is confirmed. (If not enough tickets are pre-sold, no one is charged and the event is canceled.)
- As an added bonus, as the event promoter you or your organization will receive 5% of the ticket revenue.
- Then just sit back and enjoy the show!